Focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, Hitachi Asia's business includes information systems, power and industrial systems, R&D, digital media systems, international procurement and Center of Excellence.
Hitachi Asia Ltd. representative offices in Vietnam were established in Ho Chi Minh City (1994) and Hanoi (1996). In 2013, Hitachi Asia (Vietnam) Co., Ltd. was established to further expand and strengthen Hitachi's operations in Vietnam. Our business includes power and industrial system, transportation system, water treatment system and IT system. We also plan and implement Hitachi's business strategies in Vietnam.
Some interesting facts about Hitachi:
- Hitachi first started out as an electrical repair shop for a copper mining company in Hitachi City
- Hitachi's first products were electric motors
- Hitachi, Ltd. has been established since 1910
- It took Hitachi 84 years to establish the 4 regional headquarters
- The inherent meaning of is corporate statement "Inspire the Next" means to breathe life into the coming age
- Hitachi is responsible for generating about 50% of Singapore's electric supply
- The majority of mobile phones in Europe have a Hitachi component in them
- Hitachi developed the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) which enables bills to be pressed and disinfected in 1994
- Hitachi developed the world's 1st 4.7 GB DVD–RAM standard compliant DVD Camcorder in 2000
- In the Japanese context, "Hi" means "Sun" while "tachi" means "Rise" which is why HITACHI is known as "Sunrise" i.e. "ri li" in Chinese/Japanese